The Association of Quantity Surveyors of the University of Moratuwa (QSUM) was established in 2005 as a result of tireless efforts of four individuals, namely Muditha Gunatilake, Omil Perera, Jayantha Dimbukwalage and Sajith Pasquel, graduated from the Department of Building Economics of the University of Moratuwa. QSUM is an organisation within the Department of Building Economics of the University of Moratuwa. The alumni of the Department was established in as early as 1991 with the graduation of inaugural batch and it was formerly known as GraDBE, Graduates of the Department of Building Economics.
QSUM serves as the focus for alumni relations and activities among its members who are spread all over the world. The Association is moving forward with a number of new initiatives in the next couple of years that will not only improve the services provided to our membership, but also help shape the direction of the Association for years to come. The success of the initiatives will largely depend on participation from the alumni. We encourage our members wherever you are in the world to volunteer and participate in QSUM activities and events.
Membership of the Association is free and open to quantity surveying graduates from the Department of Building Economics of the University of Moratuwa.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of the Association is to act as the forum that brings together the quantity surveying graduates of the Department of Building Economics, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
Our objectives are:
- To maintain the bond of friendship formed during our student days at the university and to grow as individuals by participating in the various activities of the Association;
- To collectively face common obstacles that may be encountered by the membership in their path to success while always keeping the interests of the profession paramount and in perspective;
- To share professional knowledge by providing a web based platform to facilitate the discussion and transfer of knowledge among the members;
- To act as a forum advertising employment, continuous professional development (CPD) or educational opportunities available to the membership;
- To work towards the betterment of the profession and the society at all times;
- To assist the Department of Building Economics and the Institute of Quantity Surveyors Sri Lanka; and
- To promote the status of the graduates of the Department of Building Economics of the University of Moratuwa throughout the construction industry worldwide.
The Association of Quantity Surveyors of the University of Moratuwa in the United Arab Emirates
Address: MCI | Dubai, Suite No. 902, Level 9, Dubai World Trade Centre, Dubai, U.A.E
Tel: +971 (4) 311 6387